Everything belongs to God the Divine Eternal Being. God made everything out of nothing. We all were created in the image of God our Creator. We are children of God our Almighty Father and because of this, "You are awesome!"
Although we all have sinned. God still loves us. He sent Jesus Christ, his only Son, to teach us the true way to live, to save us from our sins, and to prove to us that Jesus is God.
Jesus Christ rose from the dead and ascended to heaven to send to us the Holy Spirit to guide us through out our lives. Grace is Godís loving presence and our transformation through it. Life is a shared process of becoming filled with his grace. Jesus created the church to help us become more united with God.
Creation is filled with lessons to help us learn all about these things. We learn about God from our hearts for he has written his law upon it. We learn about God from nature for his design is upon it. We learn about God from the Bible for it is the voice of God. We learn about the things of God from the study of theology because the Holy Spirit guides the church to be his successor and teacher of theology.
The proof that there is a God.
The experience of God within us.
The Divine work of being a disciple of God.
I. How many miracles did Jesus perform?
A. Jesus performed approximately 40 miracles during His earthly ministry.
1. He gave sight to the blind (Mat. 9:27-31; 12:22; 20:30-34; Mk. 8:22-26; Jn. 9:1-7).
2. He gave hearing and speech to the deaf and dumb (Mat. 9:32-35; Mk. 7:31-37).
3. He gave sound bodies to the diseased (Mat. 8:14-15; 9:2; 12:10-13; Lk. 5:12-15; 7:1-10; 8:43-48; 13:11-17; 14:1-6; 17:11-19; Jn. 4:46-54; 5:1-9).
4. He gave sanity and spiritual well-being to the demon-possessed (Mat. 8:28-34; 17:14-18; Mk. 1:23-28; 7:24-30).
5. He walked on the surface of the Sea of Galilee (Mat. 14:22-33).
6. He fed more than 5,000 people with five barley loaves and two small fishes (Jn. 6:1-14).
7. He raised the dead (Mk. 5:35-43; Lk. 7:11-17; Jn. 11:1-44).
B. Many, if not most, of His miracles were not recorded by the gospel writers (Mat. 4:24; 15:30-31; Mk. 6:53-56; Lk. 4:40; 6:17-19; Jn. 20:30-31; 21:25).
II. Why did Jesus perform miracles?
A. He performed miracles to prove that He was who He claimed to be (Mat. 11:2-6; Jn. 10:31-38; 20:30-31) and to bring people to believe on His name (Jn. 11:45; 12:9-11).
B. He performed miracles to show compassion for suffering human beings (Mat. 9:35-36; Mk. 1:40-42; Lk. 7:11-15).
C. He performed miracles to strengthen the faith of His followers (Jn. 2:11; 11:14-15).
Here are the types of miracles that Jesus performed.
Forty of the many other miracles of Jesus
Come Holy Spirit
Tour of Heaven